- City History
- Genealogy Databases
- Trenton Museum
- Contact us
Trenton Historical Society Markers
Visit the historical markers erected by the Trenton Historical Society:
FIRST TRENTON SCHOOL - Marker is located on Third Street between West Road and St. Joseph Avenue.
TRENTON SHIPYARDS - Marker is located on Walnut Street between West Jefferson and Riverside Drive.
THE OLD BURIAL GROUND - Marker is located at the corner of West Jefferson and Walnut Street
State of Michigan Historical Markers in Trenton
BATTLE OF MONGUAGON - Marker is located on West
Jefferson near the Grosse Ile free bridge.
The Battle of Monguagon Informational Designation commemorates the only battle won by American forces in Michigan during the War of 1812. (View information from the State of Michigan)
Austin Church Home - Austin Church, who owned the locally important Church-Dwight Company, which made baking soda.
John Moore Home - A fine example of Italianate architecture in Trenton and is one of the few surviving remnants of the city's nineteenth century origins.
Robert Wagstaff House - The Robert Wagstaff House has historical significance for its association with three Trenton pioneers and early civic leaders. Abram C. Truax.
Information courtesy of the State of Michigan History, Arts, and Libraries